Al-ko power mover
One model of power mover called Al-ko comes with handle and clamp. It is an efficient caravan mover and comes with the original dual pawl ratchet system. This model can be mounted on either side of the drawbar allowing maximum manoeuvrability. It is fitted to the normal jockey wheel bracket and can be hurt to a height of 840mm. It comes with 12 months manufacturers warranty.
Trojans Ezi-shifta ratchet jockey wheel
Another model sold by Trojan states their Ezi-Shifta Ratchet Jockey wheel operation is easy and can handle moving 2 tonne on a flat surface with minimum effort. It has 3 functions-forward, backward and stop / lock. It is fitted with a 10 inch solid rubber wheel and has a load capacity of 280kgs.
Another type of power mover is the made by Ark and called Ezimover. It allows you to manoeuvre a caravan or trailer with lever action of the jockey wheel arm. If the blue buttons are folded out then it is set to reverse or forward. The lever action then allows the wheel to turn only in that direction and lock in the opposite direction. Rotating the shaft allows the RV vehicle to go sideways. Placing the blue button in the stop position will prevent free wheeling in any direction.
Warning: This is not to be used as a parking brake.
Advantages and specifications are the four functions:
- sideways and
- easy to operate
- load capacity is 350kg
- fitted with a 250mm solid rubber wheel
This jockey wheel comes with the bolt on bracket however bolts are not included. Disadvantages: not to be used for tandem vans instead we would recommend a double wheel Maco mule only.
Maco mule-single wheel
This model has a lever ratchet operated jockey wheel for a single person to park a trailered vehicle or hitch it to the tow vehicle.
- the ratchet arm can be moved up and down by one person to obtain a huge mechanical advantage and crank the traction wheel along
- great for moving single axle vehicles like boats, caravans and trailers
- comes with 12 month warranty
Maco Mule Dual wheel
This is another lever and ratchet operated jockey wheel suited for a single person in parking a tow vehicle or to hitch it to the tow vehicle.
- in moving the ratchet arm up and down a single person can gain a huge mechanical advantage and crank the traction wheel along
- ideal for use with heavy trailers fitted with tandem axles or where greater traction is needed
- 12 months manufacturers warranty
Most of these models have a handle handle which is replaceable at your local caravan accessory shop.